Library Sindh Study FG Study Punjab Study
PakStudy :Yours Study Matters

Federal Urdu University APMSO & PkSF Clash

Offline گل

  • **
  • 1045
  • +1/-2
  • Gender: Male
Federal Urdu University APMSO & PkSF Clash
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:44:38 PM »
Federal Urdu University APMSO & PkSF Clash

Karachi: Six students were wounded in a clash between the All Pakistan Muttahida Students Organisation (APMSO) and the Pakhtun Students Federation (PkSF) at the Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology (FUUAST) in Gulshan-e-Iqbal.

Skirmishes between the two rival groups at the university had been going on for the past couple of weeks.

However, the students chanted slogans against each other at the campus on Monday morning, leading to a clash following an exchange of hot words.

The injured students were identified as PkSF's Tufail, Sajid and Bashir, and APMSO's Shahid, Moonis and Irfan.

Rangers personnel deployed at the university forced the students out of the university.

Subsequently, the clash continued outside the campus with rival groups resorting to aerial firing and ransacking various shops in the area, blocking the University Road for several hours.

The law enforcers arrived at the scene to maintain the law and order situation and disperse the miscreants.

The clash spread fear and panic among everyone present at the university, as teachers were witnessed rushing into their rooms, while students ran haphazardly in search of shelter.

The university's canteen and main gates were badly damaged during the clash.

According to police sources, at least 12 TT pistol shells were recovered from university grounds.

PkSF leader Ismail Khan Mehsud claimed the cause of the clash was APMSO activists trying to bring outsiders inside the university to chant slogans against the PkSF.

They had also forced some Urdu-speaking students of the university to protest against the PkSF, Mehsud added.

He alleged unidentified people had ransacked three hotels of Pakhtuns in reaction to the clash.

On the other hand, APMSO sources said various shops and cabins of Urdu-speaking people were fired at following the incident.

An APMSO activist has also gone missing after the event, the sources added.

According to Aziz Bhatti Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Fakhrul Islam, the clash was a reaction to a previous skirmish that had taken place between the two organisations last week.

The police promptly brought the situation under control, but was unable to apprehend the culprits involved in the incident since they had escaped, the DSP said.

According to an announcement by FUUAST officials, both campuses of the university would remain closed for two days and classes would resume from Thursday. Daily times