Library MCQS Sindh Study Punjab Study
9th-class-result-2022 Please subscribe to FGStudy YouTube channelPlease subscribe to FGStudy YouTube channel

Author Topic: Punjab University proposes Rs9.33 billion budget  (Read 331 times)

Offline sb

  • Good Member Group
  • Hero Member
  • **
  • Posts: 29120
  • My Points +5/-0
  • Gender: Female
Punjab University proposes Rs9.33 billion budget
« on: June 30, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
Punjab University proposes Rs9.33 billion budget
LAHORE :June 30: The Punjab University (PU) Syndicate on Saturday recommended Rs 9.33 billion budget for the approval of the university’s Senate for the year 2019-20.

PU Vice Chancellor Prof Niaz Ahmed presided over the Syndicate meeting which also approved vacancies of professors, associate professors and assistant professors for medical doctors to establish PU Medical and Dental College. While the university did not increase fee for its on-campus students, a routine 10 percent increase has been made for the students of PU affiliated colleges in terms of examination, registration and other related fees.

On the directions of the VC for PU’s international ranking and socio-economic impact research, the Syndicate also increased research funding by Rs 35 million and allocated a total of Rs 185 million for research. The PU would also continue its overseas scholarship scheme for teachers. The university has allocated Rs 37 million for participation in national and international conferences. A PU spokesperson said the university expected a total grant of Rs 2.637 billion from the Higher Education Commission, 30 percent of the total budget while PU would generate the rest of 70 percent from its own sources.

According to other salient features of the budget, special students will also be provided with free education along with boarding facilities while students taking admission on sports basis will be provided with free education. The university will continue to waive tuition fee of Hafiz-e-Quran. In order to facilitate students, Punjab University is providing funds of Rs 210 million to its students in terms of scholarships, student affairs and career counseling and other activities.

Moreover, HEC scholarships worth Rs97 million and PEEF scholarships will also be provided to students. In the budget, Punjab University is providing Rs 190 million hostel subsidy, Rs 35 million transport subsidy and Rs 21 million Internet subsidy to students and in addition to the above, subsidy on electricity bills in teaching departments is also being provided. PU has allocated Rs 208 million for development projects.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"